Tonight is the annual executive changeover meeting. It’s been waiting long to have a year-end gathering in a restaurant since Covid-19 starts. But we made it! We were having a meeting while enjoying the food at Spoonful Thai restaurant in Beecroft.
Johnny delivered a speech called “My Toastmaster Journey Part II” and told us an inspiring story why he decided to join Toastmasters. He wrote his book and wanted to inspire people how to make their dreams their reality. This is his purpose, his desire, his dream and his Goal. To do so, he needed to improve his speech so that he can talk a 40 min to 1.5 hours speech in front of a large groups of audiences. He initially joined 6 clubs to achieve the amount of practice time. No wonder he ends up being an experienced and natural speaker.
We also had table topics during the dinner. Each member drew a question out of the cup. The questions are:
- If you can choose any person to have dinner with, who will it be?
- If a movie was made of your life who would play you and why?
- If you absolutely have to sing karaoke, what would be your go to music?
- Is there any fashion that you want to bring back to life?
- What is the strangest thing you used to believe as a child
- If you can hang out with any cartoon character who would you hang out with and why?
Thank you for our area director, Kalinga, to join our dinner this year. He inducts the new executives and also provided good advice how we can manage clubs.
Overall, we really enjoyed the night!